Restaurant Criteria to Participate
Is your restaurant interested in participating in Visit Orlando's Magical Dining®? Please review the criteria and program requirements below. If you qualify and are interested, please contact Visit Orlando’s membership team at Membership@VisitOrlando.com.
Note that participation in the program is open to qualifying member restaurants of Visit Orlando. Visit Orlando reserves the right to exclude restaurants at its discretion. If it is determined that you qualify, a formal agreement, payment link and additional instructions will be sent to you.
VISIT ORLANDO'S MAGICAL DINING RESTAURANT 2024 CRITERIA & PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS*
Restaurant must meet the following minimum criteria to be considered for participation in the 2024 Visit Orlando’s Magical Dining program, aka Magical Dining. Visit Orlando may modify or waive any or all criteria in its sole discretion.
- Restaurant must be a Visit Orlando member in good standing (with dues paid in full). Local Partner and Networking membership levels are not eligible to participate in Magical Dining.
- Restaurant must be generally recognized as a high-end restaurant in the Orlando area and have generally positive reviews from independent sources (e.g., Orlando Sentinel, Orlando Magazine, MICHELIN Guide, recognized food critics) and high satisfaction levels from the general public on dining review websites.
- Restaurant’s primary purpose must be dining, and the majority of the Restaurant’s revenue must be derived from dining (not entertainment and other amenities.)
- Restaurant must offer full-service dining at least five nights per week.
- Restaurant must have an average entree price to be determined prior to the start of the next program (exceptions may be considered for high-end sushi and tapas-style restaurants.)
If selected for participation by Visit Orlando, restaurants agree that they will adhere to the 2024 Magical Dining program requirements as set forth below:
- Restaurant will participate by offering a prix-fixe Magical Dining menu for a predetermined price (tax and gratuity not included) throughout the program (Magical Dining Period). Dates are determined yearly, but the program typically begins in August.
- Restaurant’s Magical Dining menu must include a minimum of three (3) appetizers, three (3) entrees and three (3) desserts.
- All menu items on the Magical Dining menu will be from Restaurant’s current standard dinner menu, with the exception of a fourth offering in each category (appetizer, entree, dessert) which can be a “Chef’s Special,” a Test Menu item, etc.
- All Magical Dining portions will be the same standard-sized portions (including side dishes, sauces, etc.) offered to customers on Restaurant’s standard dinner menu.
- Restaurant will provide a copy of its full standard dinner menu with pricing visible upon receiving program application by a predetermined date for review.
- Restaurant understands that its Magical Dining menu must be approved by Visit Orlando before, and as a condition to, Restaurant’s inclusion in the program.
- Restaurant will offer the Magical Dining menu during all dinner hours, with the exception of buyouts.
- Restaurant will not offer any other fixed price dinner during the Magical Dining Period.
- Visit Orlando requests the Restaurant to provide Visit Orlando with six (6) gift certificates, each valid for one complimentary 2024 Magical Dining dinner, by a predetermined date. Gift certificates will be used by Visit Orlando to promote the 2024 Magical Dining program. Restaurant will make its staff aware that the gift certificates provided to Visit Orlando can be used all at once and that there is no limit to the number of gift certificates that can be redeemed per table.
- Restaurant will submit payment in full for a predetermined marketing fee to Visit Orlando with this application and agreement. Pre-payment is required to be included in the 2024 Magical Dining program. If the restaurant is not approved for participation, the marketing fee will be refunded.
- Restaurant grants Visit Orlando the right to use, display and reproduce its name, trade names, logos, menus, photos or artwork (“Restaurant Materials”) provided by Restaurant to Visit Orlando in promotional materials related to Magical Dining 2024. Restaurant will provide the Restaurant Materials requested by Visit Orlando by a predetermined date.
- Restaurant will attend a Magical Dining kick-off meeting, to be held in mid-August, to ensure it is set up for success in this year’s program.
- Restaurant will promote its participation in Visit Orlando’s 2024 Magical Dining program where possible (i.e., linking to MagicalDining.com on Restaurant’s website, posting on social media, sending e-newsletters to Restaurant’s database, displaying the 2024 Magical Dining participation sign).
- Restaurant will proactively provide the Magical Dining menu to all dinner guests during the Magical Dining Period either by printed Magical Dining menu or QR code linking to Magical Dining menu. The menu will have the 2024 Magical Dining logo and charity information as provided by Visit Orlando. Visit Orlando grants Restaurant a non-exclusive, revocable, limited license to use the Magical Dining logo solely as specified in this agreement and in accordance with any usage guidelines that Visit Orlando may communicate to Restaurant from time to time. Restaurant shall not use or register any mark that is confusingly similar to the Magical Dining logo.
- Restaurant will ensure that its front-of-house staff (hosts, servers, etc.) are aware of the Magical Dining program, the items on Restaurant’s 2024 Magical Dining menu, and the charity component of Magical Dining.
- If Restaurant is an OpenTable member, automated reservations will be offered through Visit Orlando’s Magical Dining website.
- Restaurant understands and agrees that it may be secret-shopped during the Magical Dining Period. If the results are unsatisfactory, Visit Orlando may require corrective action (for example, additional training) up to and including termination from the 2024 Magical Dining program, or exclusion from future Magical Dining programs.
- By a predetermined date, Restaurant will report the total number of Magical Dining dinners sold to Visit Orlando. Based on this number, Visit Orlando shall issue a charity invoice to Restaurant. Restaurant shall pay this invoice by credit card or check payable to Visit Orlando within 30 days of the conclusion of the program. Visit Orlando will submit 100% of the payment received from the Restaurant to the Magical Dining charitable partner(s).
* – Please note program criteria is subject to change.